Friday, March 2, 2012

Potato Crisps

Want potato chips/crisps/fries like the fast food joints?



Hello Sweetie.



What You Need:

POTATOES! I recommend 2-3 potatoes per person. They go fast!

 Ice cubes. 2 per small potato. 3 per large potato.

Chilled Water (room temp is fine too).

Vegetable Shortening, or any type of frying oil. (I used and prefer the solid, just I know its super hot once its melted.)

Salt and Pepper to taste plus any  of your favorite seasonings.





Is it hot in here, or is it just me?



How to Make Me:

I'm fried and I know it!!
Peel the potatoes and slice them  how you wish. I did chip style.   Then, soak them in an UNCOVERED bowl of ice water for 20 MINUTES for chilled water. 30 minutes for right out of the faucet.  Make sure all potatoes are covered in the water. This will get all the starch and excess water out of the potatoes.







After the long, excruciating wait, its time to start frying these bad boys.  I  used a pasta pan for this and I put 3 heaping table spoons of shorting in it. Set  front burner on medium high heat. All stoves are different- so what ever the best setting for you is.

Fry in small batches. It's the best way so each crisp gets cooked and they have room to move around. You know they are done when each one has a light brown edge to it. Fry until desired crispness.

TIP: Paper plates drain grease better then paper towels. 


Two Words. EAT  ME!
SO! You're all set to eat whats left after family gets to them! Salt, pepper, spice the way you want! I personally LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, Steak and Shakes seasoning. So Yum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment